Eyre-peninsula Visitor Information
Welcome to the Eyre Peninsula!
The Eyre Peninsula is a picturesque region located in the southern part of South Australia. It is known for its pristine coastline, stunning beaches, and diverse wildlife. Here are some must-visit places and activities to add to your itinerary:
Top Places to Visit
- Port Lincoln - This coastal town is the seafood capital of Australia, so make sure you try some of the fresh seafood on offer. Swim with sea lions, visit the tuna farms, or take a fishing charter.
- Coffin Bay - If you're a fan of oysters, this is the place to be. Take a tour of the oyster farms, go fishing or kayaking, or simply relax on the beaches and enjoy the stunning scenery.
- Elliston - This town is home to some of the best surf breaks in Australia, so grab a board and hit the waves. You can also go fishing, bushwalking, or explore the nearby national parks.
Nature and Wildlife
The Eyre Peninsula is home to a variety of wildlife, including sea lions, dolphins, kangaroos, and emus. Here are some top attractions:
- Baird Bay Ocean Eco Experience - Swim with dolphins and sea lions in their natural habitat.
- Mikkira Station - Get up close and personal with friendly wild koalas.
- Pildappa Rock - Marvel at the unique rock formations and see if you can spot any wildlife.
Food and Drink
The Eyre Peninsula is a foodie's paradise, with plenty of fresh seafood, local wines, and other gourmet treats on offer. Here are some recommendations:
- Elliston Waterloo Bay Hotel - Enjoy a local beer and some delicious pub food with a view.
- Line & Label - This restaurant and cellar door offers a range of wines and gourmet dishes using local ingredients.
- Fish Factory - Take a tour of the tuna processing factory and enjoy some fresh fish and chips.
Getting There and Around
The Eyre Peninsula is easily accessible by car or plane. The main airport is in Port Lincoln, with flights from Adelaide and Melbourne. Once you're there, you can rent a car or join a tour to explore the region.
We hope you enjoy your visit to the Eyre Peninsula and make unforgettable memories!